Meet Felix. My little red fox. He is coming with me to India and has willingly agreed to be in my photographs. (One of the annoyances of traveling alone – no one to take your photo! Rather, Felix will be the star. I think he’ll fit right in.) He is currently very busy preparing for our Buddhism course in Dharamsala.
Furthermore, everyone needs a set of travel tunes that appropriately sets the backdrop to an epic adventure. Me included. I’ll be on many planes, trains and automobiles throughout June and July and these 12 songs will definitely keep me calm yet motivated.
1. Everyone’s Waiting: “And all of those painful lessons you’ve had to learn, you’re gonna use them now or never.”
2. Clair De Lune: “Tell me that it’ll stay the same. Where we go, where we go, where we go….”
3. Change the Sheets: “Change this feeling under my feet. Change the sheets and then change me.”
4. Taro: “All colors and cares glaze to gray, shriveled and stricken to dots.”
5. Holocene: “Someway, baby, it’s part of me, apart from me.”
6. Awake My Soul: “Your soul you must keep totally free.”
7. England: “You must be somewhere in London, walking Abbey Lane.”
8. Codex: “Sleight of hand, jump off the end. Into a clear lake, no one around.”
9. Solider: “The battle with the heart isn’t easily won.”
10. Brave: “I want to see you be brave.”
11. Human: “Underneath this skin there’s a human.”
12. All the Little Lights: “We’re born with millions of little lights shining in the dark. And they show us the way. One lights up every time you feel love in your heart. One dies when it moves away.”
Bonus track. The song of the summer: Get Lucky!