This is true. I did expect the world. And my world doesn’t exactly look how I thought it would. So here I am, creating and dreaming up a different kind of paradise for myself. In Jamaica of all places.
Jamaica is oozing with so much natural beauty. I was breathtakingly shown this on a weekend excursion to the northern and eastern coasts. It spills out from everywhere, like an overflowing bowl of green salad.
But before I show you beauty, watch this hilarious video. Although fairly dated, it’s accurate. This was the method of transport I took to get to the other side of the island: a coaster. Quick facts on the coaster:
- The driver doesn’t leave until the bus is full, no matter what time of day. And when I say full, I mean overflowing – 2 people: 1 seat.
- They go fast. Indy 500 fast.
- They come equipped with a booming sound system where music is either of the gospel or reggae variety.
- The unlucky stand crunched together by the door. When one person needs to get out, everyone in their way must also exit and then pile back on.
- People have to carry their belongings on their laps – whatever it may be they are transporting – a TV, a box of fruit, a suitcase….you get the drift.
(I have to say, in spite of the ridiculous speed we were going through the topsy-turvy Blue Mountains, it was oddly reassuring to hear phrases containing the words “God” and “Jesus” blaring from the speakers.)
And so. Here’s some of my para-para-paradise found.